A web application is a computer program that uses web browsers and web technology to execute tasks over an Internet connection. A web application is basically a dynamic website combined with server-side programming to include functionalities such as user interaction, back-end database connection, and more. Typically, web applications are programmed by using a combination of server-side scripts and client-side scripts to respectively manage the storage and retrieval of information and present said information to users.
Every business has its own workflow, and external tools and services aren’t always the best fit for what you need to get done. They aren’t perfect for your unique business, and it may be hard (or impossible) to implement them on your website. Companies are investing a lot of efforts in customizing their applications to improve customer experience and make the overall application surfing intuitive and engaging. Since every company is completely different with its own custom needs, custom web application development company should invest a considerable amount of time in learning the business model, key activities of business and then propose a custom app development solution tailored to specific needs. The right custom web application can help your business grow exponentially by deepening and enriching your relationship with your customers and scaling your operations. But this requires an in-depth knowledge of your business, and a thought partner capable of seeing the potential from your point of view. When you develop custom web applications, there’s no “one size fits all” approach. There are two things that all of the custom web apps have in common, though: they’re incredibly user-friendly and can be customized to fit your exact needs. Your unique application will be built inside of an easy to use CMS (Content Management System), allowing for a stress-free experience for you and any other members of your team. Plus, the possibilities are essentially endless, no matter how complex your needs are. Oftentimes, there are applications that sound incredibly complex, but all you need to make them a reality is an experienced team of development experts.
Benefits of custom web application
· It is time-saving.
· It is consistently maintained.
· It is safe. Custom apps help businesses embed as many security features as they require to strengthen the system.
· It is scalable. Custom web application development has scalability in mind when building an app, considering the future needs of a business to handle changing needs in a responsive development environment.
· It gives the ability to run web applications on multiple platforms, regardless of their operating system or device, as long as the browser is compatible.
· Users can access the same version of a web application, eliminating any compatibility issues.
· Space is not a constraint as the web application is not installed on a computer’s hard drive.
· With subscription-based web applications, the risk of piracy is significantly reduced.
· It is cost-saving. Web applications are cost-effective as they require little support and maintenance.
The process of creating a custom web application
1. Analyze and audit: The first step is to find out what does your business really need? The development team should discover all the unique needs and plan on how to design a custom web application based on the discovered information.
2. Research and UX workflow: The next step is to research and discover the best strategies that will make your custom web application the best it can be. It is a hard task for figuring out how to improve user experience within the custom web application development services and it takes time to be done.
3. Prototyping and design testing: Sometimes there’s more than one solution to your custom web application development needs.
4. Choosing the right tech: There’s a mass of different programming environments and languages that you can use to develop your custom web application. You have to research and test the technologies available to you and choose the best ones to help you create beautiful and functional custom web apps.
5. Creating database architecture: Databases organize data that makes it easy to query, sort, manipulate and retrieve so that when web applications are used, they function, simply put. The next step is to carefully build and create databases that collect, store, retrieve, sort and graph your data through your custom web application.
6. Custom web development: This is actually the most important step in designing a custom web application. In this step, all of the previous steps are pieced together to program and develop the custom web application based on the specific needs of the business.
7. Application testing: Before launching the application, the last step is to send the app through difficult tests to ensure the quality of the web application. This means finding errors that need correction and ensuring that the data is secured safely within the application and also ensure that it works across multiple browsers and can handle stressful loads of data and usage.
· Ruby / Ruby on Rails.
· Python / Django.
· PHP / Laravel.
· Java / Spring.
The server-side technology stack also requires databases; some of the most common options include MySQL, MongoDB, etc. A caching system, such as Redis, is also needed to reduce the load on a database. Finally, web applications need a server, such as Apache or Nginx, to handle client requests.
Custom web app development companies
Some of the custom web application development companies are Chetu, Oxagile, Present, Svitla, Treetop, Rustybrickm, to the new, etc.