Enterprise application software is computer software used to satisfy the needs of an organization rather than individual users. Enterprise applications development involves a significant amount of complex data, rigorous security, and maintenance requirements to comply with, and on top of everything, they must be user-friendly. Enterprise mobile apps are usually deployed on numerous platforms across corporate networks, intranets, or the internet. Enterprise Application is a large-scale software system that is designed to operate in a corporate environment to solve or support the issues of an organization, business, enterprise or government institution. Whether they’re for internal or external use, enterprise mobile applications improve the increasing need to be interconnected. With mobile applications, the enterprise system can move with you everywhere you go. Generally, an enterprise application is a software platform that is very large and complex. Enterprise mobile applications are created to either combine or interface with other enterprise mobile applications that the company uses. Enterprise mobile application refers to a mobile application that is used in the business world to solve the problems of an enterprise.
What Does Enterprise App Development mean?
Enterprise app development means developing products that meet and surpass the expectations of the world’s top companies. Industry leaders operate in a fast-paced, competitive environment, where a high-quality mobile solution can be just the advantage they need. These apps are reliable, secure, extremely efficient and fast – all to make sure that employees and customers can enjoy the best possible user experience, regardless of where they are. The development of enterprise mobile applications exists in combination with the rise in employees using personalized mobile devices for corporate applications and accessing company data, which is referred to as Bring Your Own Device or BYOD. With enterprise mobile applications, all employees can have simplified access to the same applications as everyone else in the company, enabling uniformity between devices while still allowing employees to have the personalized mobile experience that has become commonplace today. This has the benefit of increasing efficiency in the workplace and cutting down costs spent on company devices. While many employees may bill their workplace for certain costs, devices and plans are handled by the individual. Enterprise application development is the systematic process of designing, developing, implementing, and deploying a mobile application that serves as an instrument to manage and operate specific aspects of an enterprise.
Different Types of Enterprise Mobile Applications
In a business setting, there are different types of enterprise mobile applications. They may consist of content management, payment processing, customer support, email marketing systems, record tracking systems, E-commerce suit, model product catalog, enterprise resource planning, business intelligence(BI), business continuity planning, automated billing systems, systems for collaboration and messaging, customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management (SCM), enterprise application integration (EAI), call center operation, messaging systems, human resource management, training, analytics, etc.
Best Tools for Enterprise Mobile Application Development
Xamarin: a popular tool used by developers to build native apps with a C# code foundation. It provides an interface development tool, native API access, code sharing, ability to add components directly from an interface, and integration with backends such as Microsoft Azure and SAP. This tool is popular for its speed and cost-effectiveness.
SAP: Tool platform that offers capabilities to develop an app from a single HTML5 codebase.
Sencha: Tool popular for its high-end HTML5 framework. It is powerful enough to develop apps with the look and feel of a native app.
Alpha: Tool with a comprehensive business application development and deployment environment that enables users to build apps in significantly less time than traditional coding.
Enterprise Mobile Applications Challenges
1. The biggest challenge to enterprise mobile application development is, perhaps, the task of assembling the right kind of team of app developers or access to a cutting-edge platform. Team members have diverse skills and capabilities, but to find and recruit the right people to develop the enterprise app in question, is quite difficult, as has been observed from practice. Sourcing the appropriate talent for enterprise mobile application development, in other words, needs to be done with a high degree of perspicacity. It also becomes particularly challenging when some of the team members are located far away, geographically. This problem can be addressed by streamlined procedures by implementing the low code approach to enterprise mobile application development.
2. User experience is key to the enterprise mobile app development, which is why development teams must take great care in considering mobile-specific limitations such as screen size, touch inputs, processing power, battery life, and more to develop an app that can withstand and even take advantage of these constraints.
3. Device fragmentation is one of the newer challenges that have cropped up in enterprise mobile application development ecosystem. With various operating systems in use, it is a definite challenge to customize the enterprise mobile app for different OSs like iOS, Android, and Windows. The business needs to invest in an enterprise mobile application development model that can create an app that can be customized to the existing variety of platforms.
4. The word security is frequently thrown around in the mobile development environment and with good reason. With threats and cyber-attacks happening almost every day, enterprises need to be constantly vigilant and secure their systems, protect sensitive data and prevent breaches by implementing a robust security layer in their mobile applications.
5. In dynamic environments, it’s relatively common to have frequent changes in business requirements or complete environments. Development teams must face these changes head-on and adapt to deliver an enterprise mobile solution in a lively environment.
Since enterprise mobile application development is not an easy task, it is necessary to know all its challenges, solutions and complexity before starting developing process.